Mr. Schehl’s diverse experience in association leadership and performance improvement is truly unique and unparalleled.
As an association executive, he is leading and growing a professional certification organization from which none existed in the solar industry including creating brand recognition and market demand; developing revenue streams; and, creating jobs and new career paths in a dynamic and fast-growing technical industry.
His experience includes successful resource networking and fundraising in nonprofit environments; creating and implementing human performance improvement initiatives; and, developing and implementing high-impact training programs in the construction industry covering numerous topics including safety, leadership and management, workforce development and engineered management systems to name a few.
He has a personal passion for workforce development that empowers individuals to succeed at doing meaningful work in materially-poor regions of the world, with on-the-ground training experience in India, China, Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic.
He holds a master’s degree in Human Resource Development from Northeastern Illinois University; a Certificate in Distance Learning from Indiana University; is a Certified Association Executive (CAE); a Registered Roof Consultant; and, an Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer.
His related expertise includes:
Association Leadership and Administration
- Organization development and board governance
- Business planning and execution
- Budget development and execution
- Non-dues revenue creation
- Risk management and control
- Communications, marketing and branding
- Staff/team professional development
- Advanced project management
- Contracts review and negotiations
- Program logistics and event planning
Performance Improvement, Training, Education
- ISO/ANSI/ICE credentialing program design, development, implementation and administration
- Certification law, licensure and accreditation compliance
- Career path and curriculum development
- Advanced instructional design
- Excellent public speaking and classroom facilitation
- Needs assessment and evaluation
- Webinar development and IT integration
- E-learning/online program creation and learning management systems
- Education and training video design and production
- Culturally-sensitive international program development and implementation
His related work history includes:
· September 1997—July 2008 as Director of Training for the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA)
· July 2008—October, 2010 as Senior Director of Education for NRCA
· 2003—present as partner in J2 Performance Group
· October 2010—present as Executive Director, Roof Integrated Solar Energy (RISE)
· May 2011—present as president, RoofMax Consulting LLC
You can Rjeach John directly at JSchehl@Riseprofessional.org